Sunfest: The West Palm Music and Arts Festival

[ot-caption title=”The crowd enjoying a 2015 Sunfest performance (via Jodie Kahan, junior).”]

April 27th through May 1st– a much anticipated week for West Palm Beach is right around the corner. This week has been cherished by SoFlo citizens for the past 34 years. The end of April marks the start of Sunfest, South Florida’s largest music and art waterfront festival

Held in downtown West Palm Beach with more than 175,000 visitors, Sunfest is called a “rock, folk, pop, and rhythm & blues” music festival, which includes a multitude of craft and art tents, tasty food vendors, and various other events organized under Sunfest that take place the same weekend (SunFestivities, Battle of the Bands, etc.). Past performers have been Young The Giant, J. Cole, Hozier, Wilco, Schoolboy Q, and a countless amount of other acts. This year, the lineup consists of a wide range of genres; Alabama Shakes, Steve Aoki, Salt N Pepa, The Joy Formidable, and Meghan Trainor are just a mere few of the headliners. With more than 50 talented acts, Sunfest’s music scene could be considered the main event, yet the art showed at the festival is second to none. Sunfest’s “Juried Fine Art & Craft Show” features art from more than 150 national artists.

The previous years I’ve attended the festival I’ve had unique experiences that I haven’t found at any other concerts or festivals. Sunfest raised the bar for all other music events and is truly an event like no other. The five-day extravaganza carries its own personality: it intertwines art with music, creating a true festive vibe. This festival offers something that no other festival could. I encourage you to check out Sunfest and the unique experience that awaits you.

With the event right around the corner, you still have time to purchase tickets! Go to sunfest.com to buy a 1-day, 2-day, or 5-day pass.

Sources: Sunfest