Winter Sports Brings a Blizzard of Excitement!

Winter sports are starting, and many students and coaches are excited for their upcoming seasons! The upcoming seasons for Pine Crest winter sports include girls and boys basketball, girls and boys soccer, and girls weightlifting. 

The Paw Print interviewed freshman Christian Geter, who played JV basketball last year while he was in middle school and who is trying out this year as well. When asked about his hopes for this year’s team, he said, “I’m excited to win some games and have fun. I hope to get better and get closer to the kids on my team. Overall I’m excited for this season and can’t wait for it to start!” 

Moving to the soccer field, freshman Zekai Hamilton is excited about what this season has in store. The Paw Print was able to catch up with Zekai, and he found out what he would like to accomplish this year on the JV team. “I want us to place top 3 in our division. We have a good team this year and I think we can do it.”  Zekai’s friend and teammate on the soccer field, sophomore Aidan Feeney, also added on what he would like to accomplish this year with the varsity team. He said, “I hope we win districts this year and make it to regionals.”

On to the weightroom, weightlifting coach Coach Hibbs spoke to us about girls weightlifting and what he hopes for the team to accomplish each year. He told The Paw Print, “The goal is for everyone on the team to have fun learning the sport of weightlifting, while competing and representing Pine Crest in a positive manner.” Games are coming up so don’t forget to go out and support your friends!

Excitement is high around campus, and the teams have been preparing for the upcoming seasons to do the best they can this season. Check the athletics schedule on pinecrest.edu for upcoming games, as the teams would love to see all of you Panthers go out and support!