Fashion & Design Club: An Eco-Friendly Outreach at Paris Fashion Week

At the beginning of this school year Amanda Faren ’27 and Stevie Levinson ’27 took over and became the new officers of the Fashion & Design club. They have created a space for people to talk about trends, designs, and current events in the fashion industry. 

They frequently meet during the activity period to talk about different brands. Their most recent meeting began with a presentation lead by Stevie and Amanda. This meeting was focused on sustainability and eco-friendliness towards the environment at Paris Fashion Week 2024. During this presentation, Stevie defined eco-friendly as, “Helping the environment” or, at the very least, not hurting it.

They then drew attention to the sustainable brands featured at Paris Fashion Week 2024. These brands include Benjamin Benmiyal, Botter, CFCL, Marine Serre, Sheltersuit, and Stella McCartney. 

Amanda also mentioned the events that occurred at the Victoria Beckham fashion show, she said, “The show was interrupted by a protest. The protesters got on stage because the brand was not animal friendly.” These protesters were on behalf of PETA or People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. They wore t-shirts that said, “ANIMALS AREN’T FABRIC”, and held signs that said, “Viva Vegan Leather!”

The leaders of the Fashion & Design club want to create awareness for eco-friendly fashion. The next time you place an online order, think about the brand and if animals are being harmed to deliver the clothes.