Boys’ Varsity Soccer Team Projected to Have Successful Season

Boys+Varsity+Soccer+Team+working+hard+at+their+game+on+Best+Field.+

Ana Casado

Boys’ Varsity Soccer Team working hard at their game on Best Field.

With the soccer season right around the corner, the Varsity Boys Soccer team is shaping up to have a very successful season. Type One sat down with sophomore Gavin Sullivan to talk about the strategies, lineup, and goals of the team this year.

Type One asked Sullivan about his position on the team this year, and his experience on the team last year.

“This year I am playing center back, which is a defensive position, but I can play pretty much anywhere but goalkeeper. This is actually going to be my second year on varsity. Not many freshmen get on varsity their first year, so I made sure I showed people I deserved the spot, and I’m keeping that energy going for this year, too.”

To be successful this season, the soccer team has a couple of drills and a specific strategy in order to defeat their opponents. 

“Our strategy for this year is focusing on playing quickly and being very good on the attack.” 

Sullivan also expressed the chemistry with the team and how it will help them win this season.

“I am super excited for this team this year as we all have a really strong bond. Also, my brother Ryan is finally gone so we don’t have him holding us back anymore…kidding!”

The boys’ are especially looking forward to their big rivalry game this season against Cardinal Gibbons. Sullivan expressed his insight into the success of the team this year and how it compares to the team last year.

“We are definitely looking forward to our Senior Night against Cardinal Gibbons. They’re 100% our biggest rivals, and the team is just waiting to destroy them in that game. I think we are going to continue to improve from the great season we had last year, as the majority of the team from last year is back.”

The team has set forth some goals for their season this year, which includes winning at districts. They hope to see students at the games to support them and told Type One that they love seeing their friends in the crowd!

“Our team’s main goal this year is to win at districts. This is definitely going to be the most exciting team Pine Crest Soccer has had in a while, and we have high hopes for the season. The students can really help us this season by coming to the games and showing their support for a great team. When we see our friends cheering us on from the stands, it really pushes us to try even harder to make our school proud.”

We wish the boys’ varsity soccer team luck as they progress into their upcoming season. Go Panthers!