Three Points Festival in Miami

[ot-caption title=” Aluna George, Future performer at this year’s III Points Festival. (via NRK P3)”]

Last weekend from October 9th-October 11th, the Wynwood Art District in Miami was filled with music, art, and technology at the Three (III) Points Music Festival. III Points took a unique approach by not only featuring live performers on four separate stages, but they also attracted viewers through art galleries. Through an untraditional manner at most festivals, III Points presented techno through an interactive performance held by MF Doom and Ghostface Killah. The headliner, Nicolas Jaar, celebrated the festival’s three year anniversary by delivering a three-hour DJ performance from 12 a.m.-3 a.m, kicking off the first night of the festival.

As for the music scene at III Points, the festival has hosted many popular, electronic performers, such as James Murphy, DJ Shadow, FKA Twigs, Cashmere Cat, and Jamie XX. This year, the lineup consisted of Big Data, Spooky Black, Aluna George, Neon Indian and several other talented artists and DJs. This action-packed festival is sadly just three short days. Besides music, III Points held film screenings along with panel discussions to engage their audience.

With all that III Points Festival had to offer, it stayed true to its main goal: to shed light on Miami’s local “acts, vendors, artists and art collectors, thinkers, dreamers, and doers.” If you weren’t able to make it, take a minute to check out the live recordings and interviews from the festival that the Red Bull Music Academy featured on its radio station. It’s not like anything you’ve experienced- and, I’m sure you will be impressed.

Sources: III Points & NRK P3 (CCBYNCSA2.0)