TSA States 2024 Competition

On February 21st, Pine Crest’s student members of the Technology Student Association (TSA) set off to compete in a variety of events at the Florida TSA State Competition. TSA is a national organization of students who compete in events related to STEM, deepen their understanding of leadership, and explore the world of innovation. During this five-day competition, upper and middle school students competed in various events, such as Chapter Team, Architectural Design, and Software Development. Whether students were presenting or participating in on-site task events, the Pine Crest TSA community came together and supported each other on the road to success.

In 37 separate events, the Upper School team won many awards, including five first-place state championships. Additionally, Sophia Wang ’25 and Mehak Gadh ’25 were admitted into the TSA National Honor Society, while Aidan Pender ’24 was awarded a Florida Technology and Engineering Senior Scholarship. The VEX Robotics team also placed second overall and advanced to the national championship.

Mehak Gadh ‘25 said, “TSA States is an amazing opportunity to compete against like-minded people in similar events and see how the final product comes together after months of hard work.” As the States Competition came to an end, both upper and middle school teams excelled in the awards ceremony while also representing the competitive school spirit Pine Crest is renowned for. With the leadership and guidance of Mrs. Keri Kolettis and Mr. Braden Perry, Pine Crest’s TSA Chapter was able to bring home successful achievements along with a deeper understanding of teamwork.