Homecoming Week: Homecoming Court Nominations

Homecoming week is filled with fun activities but there is one tradition in particular that is highly anticipated: Homecoming King and Queen. This Wednesday were the nominations for homecoming court, a custom where the Pine Crest Upper School students select their favorite student speeches to win the title of Homecoming King and Queen.

The nominees this year for Homecoming Queen were Aviah Fajerstein, Hadley Edwards, Julia Krass, Manuela De Armas, and Sydney Alabanese. Amish Bhagchandani, Chipper Snyder, Levi Stein, Nathan Scher, and Troy Noesser were nominated for King. 

Mr. Curran read out the speeches of all of the students, including the names of their escorts and background on the nominee, including humorous details. The escorts were dressed in outfits ranging from matching suits to volleyball outfits.

Multiple students enjoyed watching the Homecoming Court experience. 

“I like getting to know the students we are voting for and the escorts are fun to watch,” Vivienne Petit ‘26 told Paw Print. Many freshmen were also excited about the idea, after seeing it on screen or hearing about it for years in the past.

“I heard about Homecoming Court, but it was great to have the opportunity to finally see the creativity in person,” said Maria Tobon ‘27.

A vote was then taken by all students, and is currently being tallied. All the nominees will gather in their formal attire this Friday on the field at FAU stadium with the chance of being crowned as this year’s Pine Crest Homecoming Royalty.