Playing for Change

Greer Udelson ’23 sings at the fall Playing for Change.

Twice a year, high school performers come together to perform for a cause. Playing for Change started over 20 years ago and has turned into one of the most important events of the year. Greer Udelson ’23 is this year’s senior co-chair. Her singing career began at just four years old and in ninth grade, she auditioned for the show and performed in her first Playing for Change concert.

“My first ever song in Playing For Change was “Fifteen” by Taylor swift, which was really symbolic for my freshman year and what was going on in my life,” said Greer.

Her contributions did not end there and she kept singing through her sophomore year before becoming the junior co-chair. 

“I love the idea of being able to sing music that I love for a great cause and know that what I’m doing has a really amazing impact,” said Greer.

Rya Avivi ’24 got involved during sophomore year, since COVID 19 prevented her from joining the year before and is this year’s junior co-chair. 

“I really like to sing, and I think people can have their own voices and express themselves through it,” said Rya.

This year’s beneficiary was a fund that supported those impacted by Hurricane Ian.

“It was a really great show with a lot of amazing talent and I really looked forward to it,” Rya said.

For more information about Playing for Change contact Greer Udelson at [email protected] or Rya Avivi at [email protected]. Make sure to attend the next Playing for Change performance on April 13th!