Record Rack in Pompano Beach

[ot-caption title=” Posters are hung throughout the store above the records at The Record Rack in Pompano Beach (via Michelle Pendergast, senior)”]

While it may seem that digital music is the reigning champion, there is a whole other aspect of music which iPhones, iPods, and any other electronic lack. These devices aren’t able to inevitably captivate the listener with their hypnotizing sounds like a vintage record player can. You know, those things you’re grandparents used to listen to music back in the day?

I appreciate vinyl not only because the music played from records is of higher quality (a controversial claim, but one to which I can personally attest), but because listening to vinyl requires a degree of attentiveness. I value meaningful lyrics and beautiful chords, and vinyl allows me to truly absorb the beauty of music. Rather than playing music digitally as background noise while focusing on some other priority, the sound of a record player always draws my focus to the music.   As a record owner myself, I never have to think twice about whether to play music from my speakers or from my light blue Crosley- it’s a no brainer. The only decision I have to deal with is which record I’m going to play. Will it be The Head and the Heart? Or maybe, Ben Howard today.

To get your record fix, make sure to check out Record Rack, a vinyl store in Pompano Beach. The store is quaint and chaotic. Cramped between the two columns of bins holding a multitude of records, I was overwhelmed with excitement not knowing what I would stumble upon next. The possibilities were endless- I saw selections from Alabama Shakes, The BeatlesThe Talking Heads, and Vampire Weekend. I ended up going home with one of my favorites, Simon & Garfunkel.

Records aren’t the only thing they sell. Vintage tee-shirts boasting names of bands from the 70’s and 80’s can be found along the back wall. There are various Crosley record players for sale as well as supplemental record pieces. Music tapes and CDs are sold by the cashier counter where a montage of Beatles posters are arranged.

For the people who can really appreciate and experience music, the Record Rack has everything one could wish for in a music store. For those who have yet to experience the mesmerizing sound of music, the Record Rack can reveal this godsend; you’ll never want to pick up your iPod to listen to music again.

Record Rack: 2205 E Atlantic Blvd, Pompano Beach, FL 33062

Hours: Monday- Friday 10:00 AM- 6:00 PM, Sunday 12:00 PM- 5:00 PM

Source: Record Rack