The Seed in Boca Raton

[ot-caption title=”Hailey Weinberg, a PC senior, enjoying a warm treat at The Seed. (via, Jenni Wilson, senior)”]

The Seed isn’t your average local juice bar- in fact, it’s not quite a juice bar. The Seed calls itself a “squeeze and drip” company; its menu boasts local and raw juices, smoothies, and specialty coffees. The wide array of drinks provides an option for anyone, just like its pastry selection that includes gluten-free and vegan selections .

The Seed is nothing like your hasty Starbucks run.

Just imagine a sluggish morning.

Half-asleep, you mutter the order of your morning-essential, caffeinated pick-me-up to the barista who desires the same thing as you: sleep. She carelessly notes your order with a pair of sagging eyes; everything just screams exhausted. Now, you wait, surrounded by a crowd reaching for more packs of sugar, seemingly hundreds of hands grabbing for their mocha lattes, and countless bodies aggressively pushing by you after they’ve successfully completed their own arduous journey. You’re in an anxious battle with time; for, if you don’t get this coffee quick enough, you’ll be late.

That voice in your head moans, “Oh no. I I hope she didn’t mess up the order,” just moments before you hear your name called and a barista hands you a drink completely foreign to you.

But, let us now come back to reality because The Seed is the complete opposite.  

My experience at the Seed was eye-opening. Staring at the menu, I was stumped. This was a difficult decision for me; never had I been given the chance to decide between my three favorite things: smoothies, juices, and coffee. A cute indie girl sporting a silver septum ring and a shaggy brunette bob-cut sprung up behind the register. She asked if I had any questions. I responded, “No questions- everything looked like a good choice,” adding that I just couldn’t seem to decide which type of drink to go with. She responded lightly with, “Well that’s a question you have to ask your heart.”

My heart did not let me down. The vanilla latte with soy milk was second to none. I sipped on my latte as I sat at the first open table by the windows, observing the atmosphere. The Seed seemed perfect for just about anything. The tables are enclosed with vines which invites an intimate and personal vibe, that is almost deemed as romantic. This eatery brings a relaxing ambiance and an airy feel, making it a perfect place to escape for some personal time to do homework or study or to bring friends.

The Seed’s many selections will cater to whatever your mood may be. May it be a cold-pressed juice or a warm espresso, you won’t be disappointed.

The Seed address:

199 W. Palmetto Park Rd, Suite #E
Boca Raton 33432

Sources: The Seed