Brew Urban Cafe @ CI Studios

[ot-caption title=”Main lounging area of Brew Urban Cafe featuring vintage-like decor, like the chandelier and the book display. (via Michelle Pendergast, Senior)”]

It’s not just about the coffee.

It’s about the sounds you hear and the behavior of the tall, shaggy-looking young fellow rocking a man bun sitting beside you.  It’s about what the air is filled with- a fresh euphoria or claustrophobic desperation and precisely how comfortable is the seat you’re slumped into. It’s about how the ambience is influencing your emotions.

It’s not just about the coffee- but more for the experience itself while drinking the coffee.

The coffee isn’t what draws me to a certain place; it’s the atmosphere. So, if you happen to consider yourself an energy enthusiast like me, you will without a doubt appreciate this Fort Lauderdale coffee shop called Brew Urban Café at CI Studios.

Brew is situated inside an idea agency studio. It almost seems out of place, being located between a photography, music, and video studio. But, you may be surprised to find how much of an enhancement that characteristic adds to the almost secretive aspect of the coffee lounge. Walking into Brew, you will promptly feel as if you had just stepped foot into a hipster’s dream man cave. Polaroids hung from an off-white wool string greet you as you enter, while a woman is usually sitting behind a type writer, directly to the left of a T.E. Lawrence quote plastered across the wall.

When you’re in the café, you’ll observe a chaotic sense of comfort. The carpet doesn’t match the wallpaper, the chairs don’t go together, an overwhelming amount of books are towering from the wall, and random picture frames are dangling from the ceiling. However, what you’ll notice is that this disorganization defines this experience, making it even more unique.

The coffee. There is no standard “menu,” per se. You ask for what you want, and they’ll make it. I’ve tried almost everything they have to offer, and I can assure you that whatever you choose is a good choice. I encourage you to try their Iced Good Karma latte. Believe me, you won’t regret it.

So, the next time you’re in the frantic need of a caffeine boost remember that coffee shouldn’t be a careless routine that you set your brain into having every day without appreciating the taste. It’s an aesthetic adventure of which you are to take every detail into account- starting from exactly how the coffee is served, to the genre of music playing while you take you’re last sip.

Brew Urban Café at CI Studios:

537 NW 1st Ave

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311

Hours: Open every day from 7:00 am – 7:00 pm