PC’s Newest Mascot: Evin Rothschild

[ot-caption title=”Senior Evin Rothschild poses as the mascot with fellow seniors, Rachel Hackman and Rebecca Schecter. (via, Rachel Rutstein, Senior)”]

As captain of the Varsity Lacrosse Team, president of the Kiva Club, a member of the swim team, and much more, it would seem impossible for senior Evin Rothschild to fit anything more into her busy schedule. But Evin is always looking to do more, and contribute more, to the Pine Crest community, so when Evin saw the announcement that Mr. Johnson, the athletic director at school, was looking for a new mascot this year, she shared with her friends her intention to take on the task. As a PC lifer, Evin exudes spirit and passion for sports, so the Pine Crest Panther mascot is right up her alley. [spacer height=”10px” id=”2″] 

“Ever since I was little, I always wanted to be a Disney character. Now that I’m older, I realize I have other life goals, but still, the thought being the Panther was close enough to my original dream of getting dressed up in a costume like a character,” Evin said. [spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

Evin made her debut as the Panther mascot at the PC home opening football game on September 16th. While the players were coming up with a game plan, Evin was faced with a challenge of her own: how to get into and manage the massive panther body suit. The suit is made for someone six feet tall, and Evin is just a bit taller than five feet. After much wrestling, she got into the big, furry mascot suit and was ready to go.  [spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

She ran onto the field, excited to dance around and pump up the crowd. She admitted that at first she was overwhelmed by the crowd. She has been in front of an audience during her multiple other sporting activities, but this time was different. At previous events she wasn’t wearing a big furry suit and dancing around in front of a huge crowd in the bleachers. She became more confident as the clock ticked on and the crowd loved her. It was clear Mr. Johnson made the right choice. [spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

“I go to all the games anyway, so this just makes the whole experience more fun. The best part is definitely being part of the hype,” Evin said, grinning ear to ear. [spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

Although it is her last year at Pine Crest, Evin is determined to make this last one amazing and cannot wait to continue performing at school events as our Panther mascot.