Holiday Shoppes at Pine Crest

Pine Crest Holiday Shoppes in Egan Auditorium

[ot-caption title=”Pine Crest School’s Annual Holiday Shoppes. (via Rose Rothschild, freshman)”]

On November 4th, 2015, Pine Crest held its annual Holiday Shoppes. Throughout the day, students, parents, and faculty went to the stores in Egan Auditorium to shop for accessories, apparel, jewelry, food, and home products. As usual, the shoppes were a major success as tons of Pine Crest Panthers took time out of their day to attend and shop.

The Holiday Shoppes had around thirty-nine vendors, including new ones such as Fabulous Flip Flops, Liz Eye Design, NK Threads, QBS Designs, Sharon’s Shop, Salon Bark, India Hicks, La Vie En Blanc, Nora Fleming, Sashi by Perla, Kiddodles Inc., and Susan’s Jewelry. Along with all the boutiques, there were food vendors at the Shoppes, allowing kids to enjoy pizza, Jamba Juice, and bakery desserts from the local restaurant Chez Cafe.

Both middle and high school students at Pine Crest got the chance to explore the Holiday Shoppes at Pine Crest. Sophomore Saagar Jain commented on the shops, saying, “The shops were very well organized and there was a great variety of items to buy.” Freshman Meghna Sharma said that she liked how “There were a lot of good presents to get your friends and family for the holidays.”  Overall, the students, parents, and faculty enjoyed shopping for themselves and their loved ones.

This event was made possible thanks to all the new vendors, along with the stores that have been coming to Pine Crest for many years.  Along with the loyal vendors, many parents and faculty spent a lot of their time working to make this event a success.  This is not an easy event to organize, but they did a great job! One of the main organizers, Valerie Harvey, mentioned that “They have been working on this since last year.” She also said, “That includes finding vendors and contacting them. We try to find unique things that are not in most stores.” This task can be very time-consuming, as most large stores sell similar products, which makes it difficult to find boutiques that sell different and intriguing items. Pine Crest is lucky to have such dedicated parents, faculty, and volunteers who are willing to spend long hours helping at our school!

At the annual Holiday Shoppes, Pine Crest Panthers got a chance to buy little trinkets and jewelry, along with delicious food. Everyone is certainly excited to see what new stores will be brought to next year’s special shops!