2017 Golden Globes’ Best and Worst Dressed

[ot-caption title=”The Golden Globes, considered Hollywood’s less serious awards show, present the opportunity to judge the nominated’s dressing decisions. (via Joe Shlabotnik/Flickr)”]

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]On January 8th, the 2017 Golden Globes aired on TV to start of the awards show season.  Actresses, actors, and singers were dressed and ready for the red carpet, showing off their designer, often custom made, ensembles. However, some stars shone brighter than others on the Golden Globes’ Red Carpet this year.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Walking down the red carpet at the Golden Globes, Sienna Miller’s white Michael Kors Dress was simple, yet elegant. The white short-sleeved dress included two slits on the side connecting in the middle of the torso. Sienna paired this look with a pearl necklace along with matching bracelets from Tiffany & Co.  To finish off the look, Sienna wore silver dangling earrings and a black clutch.  During the Golden Globes, Sienna Miller was given the opportunity to present awards alongside Ben Affleck and Zoe Saldana.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]The next best dressed celebrity on the list is Emma Stone, who showed up in a star-covered Valentino dress. Her dress draped perfectly and allowed her to show off a more neutral color with dazzling silver-star contrasts. Stone was nominated for and won the award for best actress in a musical or comedy motion picture for her role in La La Land, the hit movie which won a record seven Golden Globes.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Another best dressed star at the 2017 Golden Globes was Priyanka Chopra. Chopra walked down the red carpet in a stunning, long-sleeve, tight Ralph Lauren dress. The dress fit her form perfectly and allowed her to show off her flattering curves. The dress was made in a deep golden color with some copper inflections that shone during the Golden Globes. Although Chopra was not nominated for any awards, she was given the opportunity to present the awards for some different categories.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]However, other stars did not live up to the glamorous gown expectations. Nicole Kidman’s Alexander McQueen dress, specifically, did not go over well with the Golden Globe viewers.  Her dress was a cold shoulder mesh dress with silver accents on it, along with a corset-style bodice. The dress was not flattering on the actress and disappointed the expectations of many notable viewers. Kidman was nominated for best supporting actress in a motion picture, but did not win the award.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]The worst dressed list is followed by Pharrell’s look that included a white, long Chanel blazer with silver jewels draped on top.  Pharrell’s look, although daring, appeared unfinished. He was willing to stand out from the plain tuxedos that most of the men were wearing, but did not accomplish a put-together look. Pharrell was nominated for the award honoring the best original score for the movie which he also produced, Hidden Figures.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]The third worst dressed at the Golden Globes was Natalie Portman. Natalie Portman walked the red carpet in a canary yellow, long-sleeved Prada frock with white appliqués on the bottom of both sleeves and along the bottom of the dress. Although Portman was hoping for a vintage nod to fashion icon and First Lady Jackie Kennedy, the dress looked almost like a nightgown. The draping of the dress was not flattering on Portman and did not provide the excitement that other dresses did. At the Golden Globes, Portman was nominated for the best actress in a drama motion picture, for her role in the movie Jackie.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]The Golden Globes’ red carpet outfits intrigue viewers every year, whether they’re good or bad. Some stars are able to pull off a unique and flattering look, while others’ outfits do not make the top of the list.  Fear not because the outfits are not over yet, with the rest of the awards show season awaiting for more celebrities to show off their red carpet style and for the viewers to judge their looks.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Sources: Vogue

Photo Source: Joe Shlabotnik via Flikr