“It’s All Just Pretend”

[ot-caption title=”New sound of Seattle, Ivan & Alyosha, release their new album It’s All Just Pretend. (via, Jenni Wilson/Senior)”]

Seattle-based indie-rock band, Ivan & Alyosha, recently released their third album titled “It’s All Just Pretend”. The quintet presents their seemingly perfect combination of psychedelic 60s with 80s rock. The band takes a significantly brief step away from the indie-folk sounds of their previous albums, All the Times we Had, and The Verse, the Chorus. Some of the songs on the new album still embody the original acoustic guitar-driven, indie-pop sounds of band, but there is a distinct presence of chance, representing a new wave of powerfully emotional electric sound.

The band was formed by Tim Wilson and Ryan Carbary in 2007 while working on different individual projects. The two decided to work together, combining their artistic genius as one. “Ivan & Alyosha” was formed, naming the band after two characters of Fyodor Dostoevsky’s masterpiece, The Brothers Karamazov. The two literary characters represent a clash of logical integrity and argument, fitting the band members perfectly. The group soon grew in size when they were later joined by Tim’s brother, Pete, friend, Tim Kim, and drummer, Cole Mauro.

I really recommend you check out this album. It has a really cool sound and represents the true musical genius and creative minds of the band members. Songs on the album such as “Bury me Deep” and “Modern Man” show the shift in sound, but “Come Rain, Come Shine”, “Tears in your Eyes”, or “Don’t Lose your Love” display the originality of the early days of the band. You can find all of the band’s music on  Spotify or iTunes, or if you have a record player, there are vinyl records for both of the band’s albums on sale. I have the album, All the Times we Had, and it is one of my favorites to listen to on vinyl, for sure. Hope you enjoy!

Sources: Ivan & Alyosha Wikimedia Page