We Need Love

[ot-caption title=”Family of the Year, showcasing their new album on tour. (via, GabboT/Flickr ccbysa-2)”]

Family of the Year, one of my favorite bands from sunny Los Angeles, California, just released their third album Friday, September 4th, 2015. Quite similar to their previous albums, the indie-rock band is known for their beautiful male/female vocals and harmonies. Although the new album is a little more electric in my opinion, the folk-style lyrics are still largely present. The band has some recent recognition for their single, “Hero,” which made its appearance in this past year’s iconic film, Boyhood.

I guess some could consider Family of the Year a hippie band, with their lyrics pertaining to peace and love, but I think that it is one of the reasons why Family of the Year is such a gem. Although a contemporary band , they share characteristics of some of the greatest bands of all time: heart, soul, and a raw love for the music itself. The folk-inspired lyrics, combined with fantastic guitar solos, pure genius harmonies, and a sense of love, make Family of the Year’s new album, titled Family of the Year, one of my new albums, for sure. Definitely check out this latest album along with their previous albums, Loma Vista and Songbook.

The upbeat electric, fun-loving sound of Family of the Year never fails to make me smile. My favorite songs from the new album would definitely be: “We Need Love,” “May I Miss You,” “Carry Me,” “Make You Mine,” and “Give a Little.” Please give Family of the Year a chance, I promise they will not disappoint.