Balmain x H&M Collaboration

[ot-caption title=”The popular clothing store H&M. (via Nissy, Wikimedia)”]

Over the years, H&M has been known for their impressive high fashion collaborations, partnering with Karl Lagerfeld, Versace, and their most recent being Balmain. Oliver Rousting, a renowned fashion designer for Balmain, has created accessible high fashion for both men and women to be sold in the H&M stores starting in November of 2015. The rumors of the two working together began when Rousting hinted to his fans before the deal had officially been closed along with the help of the collection’s spokesmodels Kendall Jenner and Jourdan Dunn.  A couple weeks later, both Rousting and H&M took to Twitter to officially announce and confirm the rumors of their upcoming collaboration.

Rousting made his first official appearance sponsoring the collection on a Las Vegas red carpet, arm-in-arm with Kendall Jenner and Jourdan Dunn, giving viewers a sneak peak into Rousting’s ideas for the line.  The collection will include men’s and women’s clothing, shoes, and accessories.  It will hit stores and online on November 5th, 2015, leaving fashionistas in a frenzy, ready to get their hands on these exclusive items.

Every year, H&M chooses to do a collaboration with an up-and-coming brand that they see to be on the rise to extreme fashion fame.  Two years ago, they partnered with Isabel Marant, and now she is one of the most recognized faces in fashion.

The inspiration for the Balmain’s H&M collection is drawn from H&M’s love for the fresh and girly look that still has an edgy tone; this collaboration is a match-made-in-heaven because Balmain brings the same military chic to its runway collections. H&M wanted to give their customers access to Rousting’s fashion genius at an accessible price point, while staying true to his exceptional quality.

While Balmain branched out with new designs for the collection, shoppers should expect some signature pieces and styles embedded in the clothes as well. Some of the clothing items can be directly traced to Balmain’s notorious runway collections such as the “pearl”- beaded jackets, in reference to their fall 2012 collection, or the tightly woven dress in their fall 2014 collection.  These designs aren’t just sported on the runway; many well-known celebrities like Kim Kardashian and even little North West can be found effortlessly sporting Balmain designs.

Whether you are shopping online or in-store, you definitely don’t want to miss this exclusive and limited collection.  It will surly bring something fresh to the table and will leave everyone wanting more, so get your Balmain x H&M pieces now before they’re all sold out!

Sources: The Guardian, NY Times, Vogue                                                                                                      Photo: Nissy, Wikimedia