Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Drives into Town

[ot-caption title=”Model walks down the runway at the 2014 fall New York Fashion Week (via, Christopher Macsruk/commons.wikimedia.org)”]

[ot-caption title=”A model walks down the runway at New York Fashion Week during the fall of 2014. (via, Christopher Macsurak/wikimedia)”]

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is the ultimate fashion experience for designers, celebrities, and people around the globe. Every September fashion lovers anxiously await this astounding week to watch the new trends and fashions come to life on the runway. Fashion week is a time for fashion designers to show off their spring and summer pieces for the upcoming 2016 season. Designers from near and far come to New York to act as trendsetters to determine what’s hot and what’s not for the upcoming season. In addition to Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York, fashion week is also held in the other fashion centers of the world: London, Paris, and Milan.

September 10, 2015 marks the beginning of this year’s New York Fashion Week. Not only will the glamorous events debut world-renowed designers, but they will also introduce many new designers. Predictions are swirling that a myriad of new trends will premier at fashion week, such as asymmetrical styling and different hemlines. An array top-name designers and well known brands like J. Crew and Givenchy will have their collections walking during this fashion week.

J. Crew has always been an all time favorite during New York Fashion Week. Their quirky designs and preppy outfits are what make J. Crew so recognizable. However, this year J. Crew is putting a spin on their line. They are moving away from their old image and restyling to a new and improved J. Crew. With the brand’s decision to shift away from its fashion-centric image and focus on heritage products like denim and cashmere, no one is sure what to expect. With their new image at stake, one thing is for sure, J. Crew will pull out all the stops at this year’s New York Fashion Week.

Givenchy is and always has been a French clothing line, but the 2015 New York Fashion Week is bringing out a different side of Givenchy. With the expansion of their new brand in the United States, Givenchy’s new line is heavily American influenced.  Unlike years past, Givenchy made the recent decision to move their annual fashion show from Paris to New York City.  This may be a startling move to some, but is actually very calculated.  Givenchy plans to open their Manhattan Flagship store very soon, so this new venture at New York Fashion Week will hopefully show favorably for Givenchy’s move to America.  In addition, they have opened the show to the public and are ready to spark this new style interest and hopefully attract a new audience.

Whether it is in Milan, Paris, or slightly closer to home in the United States, Mercedes Benz Fashion Weeks all over the globe are a time for upcoming and returning designers to introduce their new collections to early awaited fashionistas, stylists, and the general public.  Although Fashion Week is invitation only, lucky for us it is actually being streamed live on mbfashionweek.com.  It’s time to sit back, relax, and enjoy some fashion.  Happy watching!

Source: Fashionista, Fine Blog, New York Times