Upcoming Spring and Summer Music Festivals

Spring means two things for young people around the country: the melting of the snow and, of course, the beginning of the music festival season. While there are music festivals throughout the year, springtime is the most popular time for the numerous large music festivals of all different genres. From Electric Daisy Carnival to Bonnaroo, get ready for all the spring concerts coming up. Here is a list of must-go festivals that are bound to be lots of fun; just don’t forget sunscreen and a cute outfit.

A famous music festival close to the hearts of South Floridians is SunFest Festival. Coming up soon from April 29th to May 3rd, this concert in West Palm Beach is known as Florida’s largest waterfront music festival. Started in 1982, SunFest concertgoers enjoy not just music and a good view, but also a juried fine art and craft show, as well as large party tents located on the waterfront, and even an evening firework show. Past headliners include Ellie Goulding and the Goo Goo Dolls, and fans are getting pumped for other big names for this year, such as Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Hozier, and Lenny Kravitz.

With Coachella having finished this past weekend, alternative and indie music fans have already set their sights to the next big name festival: Bonnaroo. Located in Tennessee, Bonnaroo is an annual four-day festival starting June 11th. The 700 acre park boasts a number of attractions including multiple music stages, artisan products, activity tents, and a ferris wheel. This year some of the major artists performing are Billy Joel, Mumford and Sons, and Kendrick Lamar. Past big names include The White Stripes, Pearl Jam, and Dave Matthew’s Band. Dedicated fans want to get the most out of their tickets, so they spend the four days camping in the park, either with their own gear or rented tents from the festival.

Another world-renowned music festival that takes place towards the end of spring is Electric Daisy Carnival. Originally started in Los Angeles in 1992, this EDM music festival has grown tremendously in the past few years; last year’s festival had over 345,000 people take part in the rave. It has been held all over the country and world, including places from Orlando to Puerto Rico; however, for the prior three years, it’s been in the heat of the desert in Las Vegas. This year’s Electric Daisy Carnival will be held from from May 23rd through the 24th in New York, as well as June 19th through the 21st in Las Vegas. Although this year’s lineup has not been released, last year’s lineup, featuring Borgore, Krewella, Hardwell, and Armin van Buuren, can reassure fans that this year’s festival will not disappoint.

For all those punk rock fans, one of the biggest music festivals of the scene, Warped Tour, will kick off June 19th in Pomona, California. This travelling one-day music festival will tour the whole country during the summer months, bringing music lovers a dubbed “punk rock summer camp.” The whole day will include well-known rock bands, such as The Wonder Years and Senses Fail, along with new bands, like Neck Deep and Beartooth. Not only are there different music stages to view bands, but there are also booths to meet the band members, listen to acoustic songs, and even take music lessons.

With just a little over a month left of school, music festivals are a great outlet from the stress of exams. From electric dance music to punk rock, there are all types of genres to satisfy music lovers. Although some tickets are ridiculously priced, most concerts offer general admission tickets for a decent price to maximize their audience. Which spring music festivals do you planning on going to?

Sources:

SunFest, South Florida, Bonnaroo, Wikipedia, Travelocity, Your EDM, Insomniac, El Paso Times, Vans Warped Tour