Upcoming Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Performance…with a Special Twist

[ot-caption title=”Pine Crest is putting on the production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; don’t miss it! (via england-360)” url=”https://pcpawprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/meade-1.jpg”]

Pine Crest’s Fine Arts Departments always puts together a fantastic show, but this upcoming performance has a special spin on it that’s never been done before. Our talented students are taking a seat while our fabulous staff puts on the production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for the spring musical. Don’t miss out on an incredible night filled with laughter, fun, and Oompa Loompas, of course! There will be two opportunities to catch this show either Friday night, April 3rd, at 7:00 pm or Saturday at 12 pm, April 4th. Not only will it be free entrance, but there will be a concession stand as well, loaded with great Wonka treats.

From fabulous props and special effects, to crazy costumes, Pine Crest perfomances are always entertaining. For the past three months, the maintenance department has been putting together a ten-foot tall, gelatin gummy bear just for the performance. Also, all costumes have been made out of every existing candy to help give the show the full effect of Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory. One of the exciting moments of the evening will include the most well known characters of the musical, the Oompa Loompas. Not only will it be hilarious to see teachers painted orange like the characters, but they will also be descending from the ceiling in their opening number while a melted chocolate river flows down the aisle of Stacy Auditorium.

But wait, there’s more! To help promote the show, the cafeteria will be serving various assortments of desserts during lunch on Friday to dunk in a large chocolate fountain. This yummy day will be full of surprises. For those who receive those notorious detention slips from the office, do not worry, there is hope. Five lucky students will receive the “golden ticket” and enjoy special reserved seats for the performance with complimentary snacks.

Before and after school, the faculty have been putting in a lot of effort to make this show incredible. Pine Crest math teacher, Mr. Curran, is very excited to see the play and shares his excitement for the giant gummy bear; he claims that “the over-sized woodland creature will bring the house down,” and most would agree. Mr. Snyder, known as “dsnyds” among the students, is also looking forward to seeing the performance; he shares, “I’m not gonna lie, this is the best thing to happen to Pine Crest since Nutella Thursdays. I’ve already got my ‘golden ticket’, and I’m dusting off my old bathing suit for the chocolate river. Just to see Mr. Pierson handing out candy like he’s handing out detentions will be worth showing up. I’m all in!”

Even though it was difficult to gather all of the teachers and faculty members together to rehearse, they all feel that the show was a great bonding experience. Whether it was creating the playbills, working backstage, or being the star of the show, everyone united to make a spectacular performance. Of course, Mr. Pierson took part in the musical and will be playing the lead, Willy Wonka. He is very excited to play his role since he has been involved with Pine Crest for many years. Many may have been unaware, but Mr. Pierson has a knack for acting and singing and cannot wait to present his skills to the whole Pine Crest community; he even released a SNEAK PEAK of some of the lyrics from one of his favorite songs he will be performing:

[ot-video type=”vimeo” url=”https://vimeo.com/123832387″]

Willy Wonka: There’s no earthly way of knowing/Which direction our students are going… There’s no knowing where they’re going…English, Spanish, Comp Gov. or Theater Showing..

Mr. Walters: [weakly echoing] Theater Showing???…

Willy Wonka: Yes Theater Showing AND which way the dress code’s going… Is it skorts, is it capris?/ Maybe bermudas…now that’s less showing!!!

[sharp gasp]

Willy Wonka: Not a speck of leg a-showing / Fewer teachers will be groaning… And the admin will be glowing?// Yes! Cooperation is a-growing/’ Every student on board and showing[practically screaming]

Willy Wonka: There’s no sign of this a-slowing!

Who would want to miss this performance? It has it all: music, dancing, endless amounts of candy, and our very own teachers on stage. Make sure to come out and support all who have been involved because they’ve been putting a lot of effort into making the night perfect. There’s actually one more announcement…YOU’VE JUST BEEN FOOLED!!! Alas, this whole performance is just a made-up play put on by the tricksters of Type One. Please do not show up Friday or Saturday because you will be disappointed by an empty auditorium.

Reader’s Note: This story is satirical in nature and was published in a special April Fools’ issue.