The Super Commercials of the 2015 Super Bowl

[ot-caption title=”New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady celebrates with the Vince Lombardi Trophy after the NFL Super Bowl XLIX (AP Images)” url=”https://pcpawprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/GetBinary-1.ashx_.jpeg”]

The Super Bowl is not only known for the action on the field, but for the action during commercial breaks.  The commercials that air during the Super Bowl are not only highly expensive, a 30-second ad costing $4.5 million, but also have the high expectations for entertainment value. Because the Super Bowl is the most watched American television broadcast, companies strive to make the most out of their short interruption of America’s beloved game. Here are this year’s Top 5 commercials for NFL Super Bowl XLIX.

1. Budweiser: Lost Puppy – In this adorable commercial, a little pup gets separated from his owner and his farm. On his long journey back he encounters a bad situation with a wolf, but his “bud”, his owner’s horse, is there to protect him.
  2. Clash of Clans: In a coffee shop, Liam Neeson plays the phone game “Clash of Clans.” As he loses, he vows to get revenge. As the barista calls his name as “Lie-am,” all of Neeson’s intimidating persona is shown with the correction of the pronunciation in his classic Taken voice.
  3. Esurance: Walter White, from the TV show Breaking Bad, acts as a substitute pharmacist. When a customer is confused because her regular pharmacist is missing, White assures her that he has “a lot of experience with drugs.”
  4. Bud Light: A group of friends are at a bar and met with a challenge from the bartender: “If I give you a Bud Light, are you up for whatever happens next?” A real civilian and his friends are led to a giant game of Pacman, showing that with a Bud Light, anything is possible.
  5. BMW: Former Today Show hosts are shown in footage from 1994, questioning the internet and email. Flash forward, the same hosts are in a new electric BMW car, questioning the new features in the same manner they questioned the internet. This questioning represents the BMW message of “Big ideas like the i3 take a little getting used to.”