Founders’ Council Art Exhibit Gallery

[ot-caption title=”The Founders’ Council exhibit is currently displaying many wonderful pieces of art from the Pine Crest student body . (via, Sophia Glassman/Sophmore)”]

The Founder’s Council at Pine Crest School is a wonderful organization that has been involved in our school community for many years. Members include a variety of Pine Crest parents interested both in the arts and the students that display talents in the arts.  The council works to honor both the legacy and memory of school founder Mae McMillan who believed in education immersed in academics as well as the fine arts. In doing so, the Founder’s Council promotes the Student Cultural Arts Series (SCAS) and tries to generate excitement around its many programs. SCAS hosts throughout the entire school spanning from the fall play, musical, ballet, and Crestian Debate Tournament all the way to string, band, and choral concerts. Right now, the Founder’s Council is hosting the incredible Art Exhibit Gallery.

In the art building, countless works are on display for all students to see. Each drawing, painting, and sculpture is incredible. The gallery proves there really is no limit to the artistic potential to all students at Pine Crest and how many phenomenal resources are at their disposal.

Two Upper School art teachers in particular that have worked to help the many students featured are Mrs. Katzman and Mrs. Theoharris. They have encouraged students from the start of the school year, helping develop their artwork and ideas. Both Mrs. Katzman and Mrs. Theoharris are very proud of their students’ many accomplishments.

At the gallery, there are Art Exhibit Gallery Guides at your disposal in order to become familiar with the students and their work. All forty-one participants are addressed along with excerpts about their artwork and art studies at Pine Crest. For example, sophomore Haydn Lemay talks about her experience at Pine Crest and her love for art influenced by the many courses she has taken here. Hayden writes, “I love the natural beauty of the world and enjoy printmaking and sculpting with any medium.” Through the guide, we can see the inspiration behind the pieces and learn more about the students who created them.

It is safe to say that every student participating in the art exhibit is extremely talented. From drawing and painting to sculpture and photography, no art form is lacking. We have to thank the Founder’s Council for giving all the artists a chance to display their work and for giving all students at Pine Crest a chance to appreciate it. Go check out the Art Exhibit before it ends March 18th!