Bae Watch for Zac Efron

[ot-caption title=”Zac Efron posing on the red carpet. (via Jason Hargrove, Flickr)”]

While Boca Raton may be full of exciting things like Relish and Raw Juice, celebrities aren’t a regular sighting.  But recently, teenagers are flooding to the Boca Beach Club to see their crush, Zac Efron, in action. Efron has been in South Florida filming for his new movie, Baywatch,  set to be released in 2017.

Most filming took place this past week at the South Inlet Park, with the cast and crew taking advantage of Florida’s sunshine and beaches in their time off.  The entire crew is staying at the Boca Beach Club and Resort, where they were seen relaxing at the beach and pool. During their week at the resort, they were constantly stampeded by fans. One enthusiastic Pine Crest sophomore, Alexa Marcus, recalls, “When I went out to dinner with my family, I saw him at the restaurant and tried to take a picture. He was surrounded by security guards, and I could barely see him. Eventually they cleared out an entire section of the restaurant.” The movie will feature many different beaches in South Florida, many of which are well known to Pine Crest students.

The movie is based on the 90’s television show of the same name and will bring fans a true taste of the original series.  Efron will be playing a muscular and energetic new lifeguard whose new and young ideas clash with those of Mitch, played by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. “I’m excited to see the new adaptation of the TV show. My mom has told me about the old Baywatch, so I want to see the movie,” states freshman Kofi Meighan. The movie is going to come out May 19th, 2017, but many South Floridians in particular already can’t wait to see scenes from their own backyard in the film.

Efron and his crew have moved on to Miami to continue shooting, and it seems though they are continuing to have a blast together. We can only hope that they will be back soon!

Sources: WPBF, On Location Vacations, Jason Hargrove/Flickr