The Feb Fest Fun Begins!

[ot-caption title=”A group of freshmen having fun at Saturday night’s dance (via Isabel Fabre, Freshman).” url=”https://pcpawprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/sadie-freshmen-e1422832326983.jpg”]

Last Saturday night, the much-anticipated Sadie Hawkins Dance took place in the Upper School courtyard and was a huge success! During the weeks leading up to the dance, many girls thought of original ways to ask their respective dates to the dance, often bringing some type of baked good to accompany the question. Pine Crest students became creative with the somewhat general theme “Costume Party”; some notable costumes included Hawaiian dancers, lifeguards, police officers, Frozen characters and various famous Hollywood couples. Although there was no live music, the diverse and exciting playlist made the atmosphere very enjoyable. Although the turnout was not as large as in previous years, the Freshman class definitely had the most people at the dance.  Because of the craze for Chipotle, most of the dance was centered around the food tables set up in front of the Upper School Office, while friends sat around the tables in front of the Student Union.

Rebecca Schecter, a sophomore, spoke about how she asked her date to Sadie and her opinion of the dance, saying, “I asked my date to Sadie with a big sign that said ‘We may not be Drunk in Love, but we could be Flawless…Will you be Yoncé to my Jay Z?’ I dressed up in a dance costume with black tights to look like Beyoncé, and my date wore a white shirt with gold chains and glasses to look like Jay Z. The dance was really fun, but I just wish that more people showed up to participate.”

Freshman Sophie Shapiro also attended Saturday night’s dance and commented, “I really liked the food at Sadie, but I think that there needed to be an activity at the dance because there was not much to do. I asked my date by writing, ‘You’ve caught my attention, let’s go to Sadie and have a ball’ on a baseball, and we dressed up as a referee and a basketball player.”

Overall, the dance was a great way to spend time with friends and peers at school, listen to music and eat unlimited amounts of food! For those who missed the dance, it is definitely worth coming out next year with fellow classmates. The dance was the perfect way to start off Multicultural Week, with various assemblies and performances to come, capped off by the new Student Council sponsored event of Field Day on Friday.