Discover Unconventional Thanksgiving Art

[ot-caption title=”Herb-roasted Thanksgiving turkey to get you in the mood for Thanksgiving. (via AP Photo/Matthew Mead)” url=”https://pcpawprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/tga.jpg”]

Downtown Delray Beach Thanksgiving Weekend Art Festival

November 29th, 2014 – November 30th, 2014

Downtown Delray Beach, FL

10am – 5pm

What are you doing this Thanksgiving weekend? The majority of students will probably be sitting down for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with their family members this Thursday. After you eat all that turkey on Thursday and do all that shopping on Black Friday, you’ll probably want to have a relaxing day. For a relaxing and festive time, head out to the Downtown Delray Beach Thanksgiving Weekend Art Festival! You can have a great time viewing incredible art from over one hundred artists while enjoying delectable Thanksgiving food samples.

The 15th annual festival begins on Saturday, November 29th, in downtown Delray Beach. Organized and funded by Howard Alan Events, the festival features an art competition with handcrafted artworks by more than a hundred local and national artists. Displayed works include glasswork, paintings, mixed media, fiberglass work, jewelry, and photographs. Featured artists include Richard Apple, Patti Ballard, Aaron Bowles, Robin Chipman, Robin Daning, Patricia Downey, and David & James Eggeling. You can even leave with a piece of the artwork! Jeffrey Cobble, a selected exhibitor, will be hosting a raffle ticket giveaway for one of his best works: a photograph titled “The Dance.” The winner gets this photograph for free.

This art festival was created 15 years ago in 1999 by Howard Alan Events in an attempt to create an art-aware culture in Downtown Delray Beach and greater Delray.

So after you fill yourself up with amazing food on Thursday and shop your heart out on Friday, take a relaxing day off and go to the 15th Annual Downtown Delray Beach Thanksgiving Weekend Art Festival. Go with your friends and view the incredible artworks on display, or taste the free food created by professional chefs. Either way, you are guaranteed to have a good time.

For more information, prices, and location, visit ArtFestival.com