View Something Compelling

[ot-caption title=”Check out The Margulies Collection, from November 2 to March 22. (via AP Photo/J Pat Carter, FILE)” url=”https://pcpawprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/fixedart.jpg”]

Martin Z. Margulies is a Miami building developer who has a penchant for collecting rare art. During his free time, one will likely find Margulies critiquing art such as paintings, sculptures and photographs. He routinely collects intriguing art, and his collection is valued to be in the hundreds of millions. However, Margulies is particularly known for his collection of photographs, which he has accumulated over the past forty years.

On November 2nd, 2014, The Margulies Collection will open at the NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale. The American Scene Photography: Martin Z. Margulies Collection contains over 190 photographs displaying interesting takes on different walks of life in the United States. It includes pictures of the infinite landscapes and compelling lives that people experience on a daily basis. The collection includes photographs of American poverty taken by Walker Evans, Lewis Hine, and Dorothea Lange. These photographs were also influential in the 20th century civil rights and social change movement.

The remainder of Margulies’ art collection is composed of modern and contemporary art. The interesting part about this particular collection is the name Margulies chose: “American Scene.” Margulies chose the name for its ties to the naturalist art style. The photographs in Margulies’ American Scene art collection are unique in that they display the naturalism that was an present  in the 20th century art scene. They are photographs taken from a scholarly point of view on the real and harsh lives that many Americans live on a daily basis. The collection inspires the viewer to contemplate the diversity of life in America.

Go visit the NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale this Sunday, November 2nd, for the opening of the American Scene Photography: Martin Z. Margulies Collection. The collection is a compelling and diverse assortment of photographs that showcases the captivating diversity of  America, and gives viewers a unique perspective on the way others live. You are  guaranteed to be emotionally enthralled by the works displayed.

For more information, visit: http://www.moafl.org/