Second Annual Women in Sports Luncheon

DOWNTOWN PHOTO OF FORT LAUDERDAL

Kimberly Wisniewski as the guest speaker at the luncheon. Photo Source: Christine Dardet

In honor of the National Girls and Women in Sports Day, PC female varsity athletes were granted the amazing experience of attending a luncheon with guest speaker Ms. Kimberly Wisniewski, a former collegiate athlete.  Flying down from New York through the treacherous winter weather, Ms. Wisniewski gave an inside view of her life as a Division I lacrosse player.  She discussed how early in her career, as a varsity athlete at her high school in Long Island, she relied on countless hours of hard work and effort to springboard her career as an athlete.  Years later, she explained how managing her time was the key to her future success.

The second annual  luncheon was a huge success; girls from every sport offered at Pine Crest were gathered to share their accomplishments and perspectives as a student-athlete. Run by Coach Eileen Pliske, the event provided an incredible opportunity for students to learn more about each other while listening to the enticing life of a former recruited athlete.

Kimberly Wisniewski, a former defensive player on the Villanova University lacrosse team, shared her experiences, struggles, and memories with the audience as the PC athletes fired off questions in response. Starting off as a three-sport varsity athlete in high school, playing volleyball, basketball, and lacrosse, she narrowed down her athletic focus when she realized lacrosse was her true passion. Currently, she works in the marketing branch at ESPN, sharing exciting clips to attract other companies to work with them.

Ms. Wisniewski  connected with the students  because she could relate to their lives as athletes who share similar interests and goals. She stated during her presentation, “Throughout all my stresses of high school, college, and now throughout sometimes nerve-racking times with my career when I think it can’t be done, I think about a quote one of my favorite coaches said to me, ‘pressure is a privilege.’ This pressure of competition has recently been made possible for females of our generation and it truly is something to be celebrated and appreciated.”