Underrated Super Bowl Storylines

The marquee sporting event of the year is this Sunday: The Super Bowl. The main story lines include Peyton Manning’s return to the Super Bowl, Richard Sherman’s post-NFC Championship comments, and whether offense or defense will prevail; however, the mainstream media has missed some of the most entertaining storylines for this weekend. Let’s go over the seven most underrated storylines heading into Super Bowl Sunday.

1- It has been reported that Roger Goodell has decided to sit outside for the whole game at Metlife Stadium. The question is: How red will his face get in the cold? It has the potential to get the coveted “Tom Coughlin maroon” color.  At the very least, I think we are looking at an “Andy Reid light peach” color.

2- Will Bon Jovi make a surprise halftime appearance? With the Super Bowl in New Jersey, it only feels fitting that Bon Jovi will make a brief appearance. He is a hometown hero and known football fan. He was even sitting in Robert Craft’s suite during the AFC Championship. I say the odds are about 45%.

3- How many awkward silences will there be between Joe Buck and Troy Aikman? I’m setting the over/under at 6,000. Also, how many times will Troy Aikman mention the Cowboys for no particular reason? The over/under for that is 5.5 million.

4- Who will be the first player to tweet an incoherent, ridiculous statement regarding the game? I have every cent to my name on Chris Johnson. In the words of CJ2K, “Trust we gonna ball in the end. Beleeeee dat.” Simply stunning.

5- Who will be the first Broncos receiver to taunt Richard Sherman? Trick question. Richard Sherman won’t take that from anyone.

6- Will there be a Brock Osweiler sighting? The man can do some stuff. He can catch a snap and hold the ball for the placekicker. The versatility!

7- How will America react to Ed Hochuli not being chosen to ref the game? Will they miss his incredible body and tight shirts? Will they miss his question calls? Only time will tell.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Will Frank ever write a serious article? Tune in next week to find out.