NBA All-Star Teams

West, left, and East team jerseys to be worn in the 2014 NBA All Star basketball game scheduled for Feb. 16, in New Orleans. (AP Photo/ NBA)

Well, after a brief hiatus, I am once again writing my Type One articles (much to the dismay of my editors). It’s been so long since I’ve written on Type One that I forgot my password to log on to our website, WordPress. I was pretty embarrassed. It’s been a long, grueling few months of college applications, but I’m ready to get this train rolling again.

Things in the NBA that I’ve missed in the past two months: JR Smith was fined $50,000 for untying an opponent’s shoe, Dennis Rodman professed his love for an evil dictator, Jason Kidd was fined $50,000 for intentionally spilling soda on the court to add to an incredibly disappointing season for the  Nets, Mikhail Prokhorov subsequently issued a hit on Jason Kidd for a reward of $10,000,000… and I only lied about one of those stories.

The NBA released the 2014 All-Star Game Jersey today and they look horrendously bad. To celebrate, let’s go over who I think should make the All-Star teams.

Eastern Conference:

Guard: Dwyane Wade

Guard: Kyrie Irving

Frontcourt: Lebron James

Frontcourt: Paul George

Frontcourt: Carmelo Anthony

Bench: John Wall

Bench: Arron Afflalo

Bench: Roy Hibbert

Bench: Paul Millsap

Bench: Chris Bosh

Bench: Andre Drummond

Bench: Lance Stephenson

After the top tier players in the conference, there is a huge fall off. I could have easily included Joakim Noah, Kemba Walker, Luol Deng, or DeMar DeRozan. This conference is extremely weak in general and there aren’t many players who have pulled away from the field. I really don’t even want to include Carmelo and Dwyane in the starting line-up, but they have a wide lead in the fan vote. Overall, this is one of the worst All-Star teams in recent memory.

Eastern Conference:

Guard: Stephen Curry

Guard: Chris Paul

Frontcourt: Kevin Durant

Frontcourt: Dwight Howard

Frontcourt: Kevin Love

Bench: LaMarcus Aldridge

Bench: Blake Griffin

Bench: James Harden

Bench: Damian Lillard

Bench: Tony Parker

Bench: Demarcus Cousins

Bench: Anthony Davis

The West is absolutely stacked; it was really tough to snub players like Tim Duncan, Russell Westbrook, David Lee, and Dirk Nowitzki. The fans will vote in Kobe Bryant which makes the situation even more murky because it will knock one of these guys out. The health of Chris Paul and Anthony Davis is also a huge question mark. Anthony Davis had to be included because with the All-Star Game in New Orleans, the Pelicans needed a representative.