A Preview of Bye Bye Birdie

Nearly 125 of our own Pine Crest students are approaching the culmination of their months of hard work this coming weekend.

The school’s 2013 musical, Bye Bye Birdie, debuts on Friday, November 15th, at 7:00 p.m. in Stacey Auditorium, and its second and final performance is at the same place and time on Saturday, November 16th. This four-time 1961 Tony® Award winning musical is a fun-loving production that takes us back to a time with the original thrill of rock and roll.

Come on out and support your friends in "Bye Bye Birdie," the 2013 Pine Crest musical!
Come on out and support your friends in “Bye Bye Birdie,” the 2013 Pine Crest musical!

In this show, lead character Conrad Birdie is the rock’n’roll superstar sensation who girls scream and drool over. Much to his devoted fans’ dismay, Birdie is about to be drafted to the army. To leave his fans with a lasting impression, Birdie’s manager arranges for one lucky girl to receive a kiss from Conrad Birdie before he departs for the army.

The great comedy in this musical falls hand-in-hand with its upbeat, catchy songs. From “Put On a Happy Face” to “A Lot of Livin’ to Do,” the audience is sure to be clapping to the beat, or humming these catchy tunes.

With all the efforts made by the crews of set design and building, lighting and sound, and publicity, the pit band, choreographers, cast, and of course, the faculty, Pine Crest’s production of Bye Bye Birdie is going to be a hit. The talent that will appear on the stage on November 15th and 16th is NOT to be missed!