The Scoop on TSA

Pine Crest students traveled to Orlando on February 23rd for the annual Technology Student Association (TSA) State Conference. The conference is an opportunity for our middle and high school students to showcase the STEM projects they have been working on throughout the year. The TSA conference covers a wide range of topics, such as Essays on Technology, Fashion Design and Technology, or even Biotechnology. TSA gives students around the nation a chance to practice leadership and communication skills to innovate and compete with others. In preparation for the state conference, the Pine Crest TSA Team hit the ground running by making prototypes and posters at the beginning of the school year.
Team member of the Biotechnology and Architecture TSA Teams Madi Huang ’23 said, “As an integral team member of both of these teams, I keep my team on task to ensure documentation is completed and that we have checked over the TSA Rulebook prior to submitting our project.” Huang has cherished every moment of her experience as a first-year TSA team member. She proclaimed, “I have built so many new connections with people in other grades and made lots of new friends. I truly enjoy working with my team in the EDGE room where there are snacks, drinks, and games; the environment of EDGE and the iLab motivates me and allows me to immerse myself in an environment with like-minded students who also have a passion for STEM. TSA has given me many of my favorite memories and best friends.”
The Pine Crest Middle School Team received 1st place at the conference this year. The High School Team placed 3rd, a notable accomplishment well-appreciated by Mrs. Kolettis and her TSA students. Many of these outstanding students will be advancing to nationals this summer. On behalf of the Paw Print, we congratulate the students and wish them the best of luck at nationals!