Technology Student Association Recap

Four senior TSA members celebrating Senior Night at the TSA State Conference

Pine Crest Students drove to Orlando on February 26th for their 5th Technology Student Association (TSA). This state conference is an opportunity for students to show their excellence in the STEM fields and become a member of a community that celebrates technology. Whether in Coding, Fashion Design and Technology, or Video Game Design, TSA gives students around the nation a chance to innovate, communicate, and compete with each other. The Pine Crest Chapter has been prepping for the conference since the beginning of the school year and doing everything they can to make prototypes and presentations for the judges. 

President Sarah Batta ‘20 said, “As President, it is my job to ensure that each individual event is ready to represent Pine Crest in Orlando. I read all the documentation beforehand and make sure every team is confident before turning it in.” Batta has been part of TSA since 7th grade and she has been an integral part of this team, “TSA has given me so many new friends, and I feel like it is the five days of the year where I can not only be fully immersed in a STEM environment but be around others who feel the same; it is truly an amazing experience.” 

Pine Crest had many individual event winners but overall, the team received 2nd place at the conference, a huge accomplishment recognized by those who participated. Many students will be making their way to nationals in the summer. On behalf of the Paw Print, we wish them the best of luck competing on the national level.