All You Need to Know About Coachella 2017 from Performances to Fashion to Celebrities

[ot-caption title=”Coachella is this season’s ‘it’ festival, complete with famous musicians and tons of spring fashion. (via Alan Paone/Flickr )”]

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Last weekend, Indio, California, was flooded with visitors as they hosted Coachella 2017. Coachella is the popular, annual music festival best known for big performers, new style, and perfect pictures. It began in 1999 with Paul Tollet and is organized by Goldenvoice. Lasting two weekends, April 14-16 and 21-23, the festival provides attendees the opportunity to watch many of the biggest names in music perform all in one venue.  The popularity of this festival has grown tremendously over the years, with sales up approximately 125% this year, with the festival attracting large international crowds

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″] Some of our own Pine Crest family, senior Rachel and eighth grader Alexa Hackman, were able to attend this special event. When asked about her experience, Rachel said, “Coachella was amazing. It’s literally an alternative universe where everyone is happy and so thrilled to be there and the vibe is just insane. I would say the highlight of the festival for me would be both the amazing vibe and grounds that Coachella is on, which are filled with cool art and decorations. I love that this festival brings so many people who like so many different types of music together. This festival has everything from Oldies to Pop to Rock to EDM to R&B, or whatever music you like.”

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]This year’s lineup featured Beyonce, Radiohead, Lady Gaga, Two Door Cinema Club, Kendrick Lamar, Lorde, New Order, DJ Khaled, Tove Lo, Future, Grouplove, and so many more. Each show was played twice, both the first and second weekend of the festival. There were also many surprise appearances. “During Future’s performance, he brought out Drake, Migos, and Ty Dolla Sign as surprises so it was insane and so fun,” Hackman said.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Just as crucial as the music, festival fashion is one of the most newsworthy subjects of the weekend. Named the “Queen of Coachella,” Vanessa Hudgens stunned the crowd another year in a row with her fun and unique look. On one of the days at the festival, she showed up in a tassel-embellished suede jacket with dark, silk bottoms. Other notable celebrities who took their outfits very seriously included Rihanna, Kendall and Kylie Jenner, Emma Roberts, Hailee Steinfeld, Josh Hutcherson, Cole and Dylan Sprouse, Katy Perry, Jeremy Scott, Joe Jonas, and Sophia Richie. The outfits at Coachella are always truly one of a kind. Many attendees even wore trendy Snapchat Spectacles, flash tattoos, flower crowns, and Calvin Klein bralettes just like every other year.  

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Many PC students are eager to go to Coachella and truly experience the California festival for themselves. Ninth grader Clarissa Zisman is already planning on catching next year’s festival. While browsing the pictures taken this past week, she said “These make me even more excited for next year. Going to Coachella is a guarantee for great memories and something I can experience nowhere else.” The festival is truly one of a kind and continues to attract new people every year due to it’s success and uniqueness. Just like every other year since 1999, this year’s festival was also a hit.

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Sources: Timeout, Dailymail, Billboard, AXS

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Photo Source: Alan Paone via Flickr