Ed Sheeran Makes a Comeback to Music

[ot-caption title=” Sophomore Kadin Katsch listens to music between classes. (via Jessi Gross, Sophomore)”]

While most pop artists usually do not take breaks from their career, Ed Sheeran had something else in mind. After 179 tour dates, a #1 album and many concerts, it is pretty clear why Ed Sheeran needed a well deserved break. Ed revealed that after he released his track, “Lay It All On Me,” he would be taking a step back from the spotlight starting on January 1st of 2016.[spacer height=”20px”]

“My plan is to get rid of my iPhone, get rid of internet, get a Nokia 3310 and just go off into the wilderness somewhere for a bit. Even if it’s just a month without contact with other people,” Ed Sheeran said in an interview with MTV last year.[spacer height=”20px”]

This does not mean that he is not worried he will be missing something important, but his friends and family all understood that this break was much needed.[spacer height=”20px”]

“I’m worried that as soon as I do that, I’ll get an email that I won’t see from someone being like, ‘We should do something,’ six months later they’ll be like ‘you never replied,’” Sheeran said in the same interview with MTV.[spacer height=”20px”]

Although the break was lengthy, Ed Sheeran is back and better than ever. On January 6, 2017, Ed Sheeran released his new song “Shape of You” as one of the lead singles from his third studio album Divide, along with “Castle on the Hill.” Many of his supportive followers were extremely happy to see him back on the field producing good music.[spacer height=”20px”]

“I am really happy is back and making music because I was a big fan of him when I was younger and I’m glad to have new songs by him to listen to,” freshman Lissy Wood says.[spacer height=”20px”]

Sheeren is not the only big star to make a comeback this year. Katy Perry and Lorde both released the lead singles from their upcoming albums. Fortunately, Sheeran’s new music has received very good feedback and his fans have seemed to love his new singles in the new album. Having your favorite artist back in the game can definitely excite many people.[spacer height=”20px”]

“I’ve been listening to Ed Sheeran since 2010 when he released “The A Team” and I really enjoy all of his songs because they are all unique. I really enjoy both “Shape of You” and “Castle on the Hill” because they are both really catchy songs and always stuck in my head,” freshman Emily Faulhaber said.[spacer height=”20px”]

The likeable chorus of both songs also attracted many new fans. [spacer height=”20px”]

“I have never really liked listening to Ed Sheeran in the past, but I recently listened to his new song and really enjoyed it,” sophomore Henry Pliske said.  [spacer height=”20px”]

Ed Sheeran has proved many critics wrong by still becoming a relevant pop artist even after taking a one year break. Other artists that have made their combacks recently have yet to see the instant radio success that Sheeran’s new music has. Ed Sheeran’s new album is definitely one worth listening to. [spacer height=”20px”]

Source: MTV.com