A Guide to Navigating the Spirit Store

via Tara Shecter, junior

[ot-caption title=”The Spirit Store has a variety of clothing and accessories to choose from, with one common theme: lots of green and white. (via Tara Shecter, junior)”]

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Even though students at Pine Crest have a uniform, it doesn’t mean they have to sacrifice originality or flair when it comes to everyday dress.  In fact, the wide array of goods available at the school’s Spirit Store means just the opposite.  The store offers apparel and accessories perfect for whenever students want to show Pine Crest pride, whether in the classroom, at sporting events, or outside of school.  Of course, the seemingly unlimited options can seem overwhelming.  To help make what can sometimes be a tough choice, below is a list of five essential items that are sure to add a little school spirit to your wardrobe.[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

The collared, long-sleeved shirt at the top left is the perfect piece to wear on a week day. (via Clara Nguyen, sophomore)

If you’re looking for something that you can wear to school everyday, take a look at the Spirit Store’s selection of collared shirts.  From half zip long sleeves to rugby shirts, there is a wide selection of collared apparel that will suit whatever the weather may be.  Available in a variety of colors and patterns, they can add a unique twist to your casual daily wear.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

These spirit day shirts are perfect for Friday dress because of their simple design and comfortable wear. (via Clara Nguyen, sophomore)

Let’s face it: by the time Friday rolls around, most of us are ready to welcome the weekend.  Why not celebrate with one of the store’s t-shirts, which are not only suitable for Friday dress, but also comfortable enough to wear at home?[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

The Spirit Store has a variety of sweaters and sweatshirts, and this style in particular is convenient because of the hoodie, zipped style (via Clara Nguyen, sophomore).

Even South Florida experiences cold days.  Tired of the sweatshirt you’ve had since middle school?  A cozy flannel shirt complete with the Pine Crest logo is a great way to prevent catching a cold.  Wear it on its own or layer it over a uniform shirt for extra warmth.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

This umbrella is the perfect PC accessory to have in Florida’s unpredictable weather climate (via Clara Nguyen, sophomore).

Florida may be the Sunshine State, but rain is a commonplace occurrence.  To avoid getting soaked on campus, consider purchasing a Pine Crest umbrella.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

There are many mugs to choose from, whether it be a mug for hot drinks, cold drinks, or a portable thermos (via Clara Nguyen, sophomore).

Finally, Pine Crest students’ love for coffee is unparalleled.  You can drink your favorite beverage in a mug (green and white, of course) from the Spirit Store.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Whether you are in need of clothing or accessories, the list above will steer you towards the best Spirit Store purchases.  According to sophomore Julian Naranjo, “The Spirit Store, neither lacking in spirit nor store, offers up a variety of PC-themed merchandise to the discerning and fashion-savvy PC Panther at bargain prices.”

Drop by during a free period to peruse your options, as there is much more to find than just the aforementioned items.