Holiday Gift Guide: 10 Gifts Under $30

[ot-caption title=”Getting the perfect gifts at the perfect price can be tricky, but this gift guide will give you ideas for everyone on your list. (via Sydney Tacher, sophomore)”]

As temperatures begin to drop, school semesters near their end, and winter break is almost tangible, December is officially in full swing. Although often characterized with high levels of stress as students begin to fret over intimidating midterm exams, this month is known for its highly regarded reputation as the apex of the holiday season. Spreading holiday cheer can be as easy as simply spending time with close friends, family members, and members of the community. However, the holiday season wouldn’t be complete for some without gift-giving, which can be a difficult task, especially if there’s a price limit. If you need some inspiration for this year’s exchange, check out this list of 10 holiday gifts under $30 to make the holidays a little merrier.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

1. Lush Festive Friends Bath Bomb Collection – $22.95[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

This collection of three holiday-themed bath bombs is sure to be a hit among friends and family this holiday season. Just drop these hand made bath bombs into a hot bath for a colorful and fragrant surprise. This gift is perfect for anyone who loves a good pampering session, and can be bought here on Lush’s website.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

1. Bath & Body Works Holiday Scented Candle – $22.50[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

Candles are the perfect gift for any type of person who enjoys filling a room with holiday spirit. Coming in a variety of themed scents such as Marshmallow Fireside, Vanilla Bean Noel, and Twisted Peppermint, these 3-wick candles from Bath & Body works can be bought here.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

1. Fuzzy Socks and Blanket[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

In most places, the winter brings frigid temperatures and brisk winds that keep people indoor, snuggling in a cozy environment to keep warm. Check your local Target or Walmart stores to find a variety of holiday-themed socks and snug blankets to give to your friends who will surely appreciate them.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

1. Gift Cards[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

Gift cards come in a variety of prices for a myriad of stores and are thus an easy gift that can be personalized to fit the likes of a specific person. Popular stores to buy gift cards from are Sephora, Spotify, Starbucks, and iTunes. If you are not sure of the type of gift card you would like to give to someone, prepaid gift cards are also available so a person can spend the money how they would like.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

1. 2017 Planner – $14.95[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

What better way to stay organized for the new year than a 2017 planner? The new year brings a new school semester, and this planner from Barnes & Nobles is an effective way to help keep track of any new years resolutions made.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

1. Waterproof Speaker – $30[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

Many people enjoy listening to music while they take showers, swim in the pool, or go to the beach. This waterproof Bluetooth speaker from Brookstone can be connected to a cell phone and has a suction cup that will stick to any surface like a shower wall. This speaker is also only 2.25 inches tall, so it is very portable and perfect to bring on any vacation taken during the winter holiday.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

1. Cell Phone Lens Kit – $26[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

With the rise of social media through platforms like Snapchat and Instagram, this special cell phone lens kit from Urban Outfitters will take your friends’ pictures to the next level. The kit is comptaible with all dimensions of cell phones and features a fisheye, wide angle, and macro lens that create special effects on any photograph taken.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

1. Multi Picture Frame – $14[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

For close friends or family members, this multi picture frame has room for three pictures to be hung up on a wall. This is a great gift to give for someone in need of room or dorm décor; you can choose to put pictures of yourself and the receiver in them, or leave the picture choices up to them.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

1. Baked by Melissa Box of Mini Cupcakes – $25[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

This box of cupcakes from New York based bakery Baked by Melissa contains 25 bite-sized cupcakes of various flavors including cookies and cream, red velvet, and chocolate chip pancake. These can be ordered online and shipped to a friend anywhere in the nation. If you are spending the holidays away from friends or family, this gift is ideal to show someone you are thinking about them on the holidays.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

1. String Lights for Room Decor – $28[spacer height=”5px” id=”3″]

To set a holiday mood, these 15 foot long galaxy string lights from Urban Outfitters can be placed anywhere to add a festive feel to any space, indoors or outdoors. What screams holidays more than bright, flashing lights? Any holiday fanatic will love them.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

These gifts will be perfect for everyone on your list: from the multi picture frame for your parents or grandparents, to the Lush bath bomb collection for your best friend.  Feel free to add your own personal twists to these gifts to make them even more thoughtful because at the end of the day, it is really the thought that counts.

Sources: Lush, Bath & Body Works, Target,  Barnes & Nobles, Brookstone, Urban Outfitters, Baked by Melissa