South Floridian Lamar Jackson Blazes On the Heisman Warpath

[ot-caption title=”Lamar Jackson Strikes the Heisman pose in game. (Via Jamie Rhodes, USA TODAY Sports)”]

When you talk about college football these days, you cannot help but mention Lamar Jackson. Over the course of the 2016 season, Jackson has become a household name around the nation, for good reason.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

In just six games, the University of Louisville quarterback has already totaled 2,638 all purpose yards and has been absolutely key to the Cardinals’ success. Currently, he leads all other college quarterbacks in nearly every category with his 1,806 passing yards, 832 rushing yards, and 15 touchdowns. He’s also added 15 additional rushing touchdowns. If that isn’t impressive enough, Jackson is also single handedly outscoring 61 individual college football teams.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

Jackson, hailing from Boynton Beach, FL, has not always been on top of the world. He was only a three-star recruit coming out of high school. However, he has always been known for his impressive arm strength and running back speed. His 30 all-purpose touchdowns have him sitting pretty atop the Heisman trophy race, college football’s MVP award.[spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

Right now, Jackson is the most dynamic quarterback in college football because of his unmatched rushing prowess. In the past, Jackson has been known for his ability to take the ball and single handedly run it up the field, and this season is no different. To prove it, Jackson has managed to score at least one rushing touchdown during each of his last nine games, and, like any good quarterback, has also thrown multiple touchdown passes. [spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

Jackson’s pinpoint passing ability and rushing skills have proven their worth as a winning combination and have made watching University of Louisville games this season a blast. With his quarterback mentality and dynamic running back skill-set, it’s hard not to picture Lamar Jackson as this year’s clear Heisman trophy favorite. He has given everybody someone to root for this college football season.[spacer height=”20px”]

Sources: ESPN