Homecoming Outfits 2016

[ot-caption title=”Pine Crest seniors Amanda Rabin and Brooke Siegal put together matching costumes to go with the senior’s Wednesday theme of animated characters. (via Rachel Rutstein, senior)”]

Throughout homecoming week, students show off their extraordinary costumes and outfits. For each day of homecoming, there is a different theme for each grade. On Wednesday, September 28, the freshmen wore fantasy, the sophomores wore superhero, the juniors wore  sports, and the seniors wore animated characters. On Thursday, September 29, each grade showed its class spirit by wearing its class color: orange for the freshman, yellow for the sophomores, red for the juniors, and blue for the seniors. But on the last day of homecoming, everyone in the Upper School wore green and white to show school spirit for the homecoming game that night. [spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

Anna Selden

[ot-caption title=”Freshman girls show off their creativity in their Harry Potter themed costumes. (via Anna Selden, freshman)”]

Students were able to express themselves all throughout homecoming week by coming up with cute and creative costume ideas. Senior Ivanna Sheinberg said, “I was really excited to go full out with my costume because that’s what homecoming is all about!” Homecoming is also one of the few occasions when students do not need to wear uniforms to school, making the week that much more special. Many students had fun planning out their outfits and going shopping for clothes and accessories to wear. Sophomore Alex Rios shared, “I was inspired to do my costume because I wanted to do a group costume with my friends, and Superman is my favorite hero.” Like Alex, some students decided to coordinate outfits with their friends while others wanted to wear the own unique outfits.  [spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]Anna Selden

[ot-caption title=”Freshman Zoe Fermanian dressed up as the Mad Hatter, reflecting her grade’s fantasy theme. (via Anna Selden, freshman)”]

The costumes that people wear during homecoming help express their personalities. It also got students psyched for the football game on Friday night. “The theme of fantasy really brought out the best in me, so I decided to become the most crazy character I could think of — the Mad Hatter,” exclaimed freshman Zoe Fermanian. Homecoming is such a memorable event, and many students look forward to it. By allowing people to get creative and come to school in crazy costumes, it makes homecoming even more special and unforgettable. Freshman Jolie Shapiro explained, “I love Harry Potter so much and everyone was being a wizard from Harry Potter, so I thought I would go against the flow and be Dobby.”  All throughout the school during homecoming week, there was a tremendous amount of spirit, energy, and Panther pride.