Cinderella, the Musical

[ot-caption title=”Pine Crest Students performing Cinderella, the musical. (via, Sophie Glassman, Sophomore)”]

DSC_0575-1024x685

On February 25th and 26th, the musical, Cinderella, was performed by Pine Crest students. This musical was different than Disney’s Cinderella, which made it unique to the Pine. Everyone preparing for the musical put in tons of effort in order to make sure the performance was a huge success. I interviewed some of the people in the musical to get an idea of what it was like behind the scenes and during performing.

When asked what they most enjoyed about being in the musical, Junior Carolina Salazar stated, “My favorite scene to perform in the musical was by far Stepsisters’ Lament! It was such a fun scene to perform because we had to act like disappointed ball guests who wanted to dance with the prince and didn’t get a chance to. Both our facial expressions and dance moves had to convey our frustration.  It was overall very fun to get into our own characters and give the scene our own unique twist. All throughout the musical, we had several occasions where we hosted cast bonding and lunches, and overall we just became a very close group of friends. It was a great opportunity to be able to get to know new people from all grades and make many new friends!” The musical was not only a great performance, but turned out to be a great way to bond with other classmates at Pine Crest. Also when asked the same question, Junior JoAnn Wood said, “My favorite scene to perform was when the prince was giving a ball because the energy on stage was amazing and it was so much fun. It was my first musical in upper school and I’m glad I decided to do it.”

Not only did the people in the musical have a great time, but also the people who watched the musical were very happy with how it turned out. I also interviewed people after the musical to get their reaction to the performance. When asked what they loved most about the musical, Junior Stephanie Taylor stated, “It felt like the musical was transformed into real life because everyone portrayed his or her characters so well.” Everybody enjoyed the show and was very excited to watch the musical. Junior Sarah Neumann said, “It was all great; their costumes, sets, singing, and dancing. It was all amazing and it was a great show.”

After the hours of work that were put in to prepare for this musical and the amazing crew that helped with making sure the set was perfect, the performance was a great success. Everyone who was in the musical was able to bond and put on a great performance. The people who attended the musical were able to watch some of their family and friends perform, while enjoying a classic story.