Who is Brie Larson?

[ot-caption title=”Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay from the movie Room. (via Bago Game,Flickr)”]

Every year, awards season is a time for new breakout stars to gain recognition from the general public.  This year is no exception.  Stars from various movies become known due to these nationally broadcasted award shows. This award season is filled with countless new faces ranging from Alicia Vikander from The Danish Girl to nine year old Jacob Tremblay from Room.  Although it is an honor to be nominated for highly touted movie awards such as the Golden Globes or SAG AFTRA, the Oscars is the pinnacle award for someone in the film industry.  Though prominent household names such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Cate Blanchett nabbed nominations, there were countless new faces on the Oscar’s list for best actor or actress in a leading role.  One of the many new faces is a woman by the name of Brie Larson, who earned the 2016 Oscar for Best Actress for her starring role in Room.  Even though she is new to the Oscar’s, she took home the coveted award.  But you may ask yourself, who exactly is Brie Larson?

Larson is an American actress who as a child possessed a deep love for acting: “I would watch four movies a day and get my schoolwork done so that when I was old enough, I would be able to work as an adult.”  She began her career as a guest actress on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, making her first television debut in 1998.  She landed her first major role as a series regular on the 2001 sitcom Raising Dad. Though Larson loved the television industry, film was her real passion.  She made her film debut in the Disney Channel Original Movie, Right on Track, in 2004. Although she began her career on a mainstream route, she truly loved the indie film world.  To date, she has been featured in 48 different projects, ranging from both television to film.  Her most recent movie before Room was a small part in the Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum smash hit 21 Jump Street, where she played one of the character’s girlfriend.

Proving the movie critics right, on Saturday night at the Oscars, Larson took home the highest honor: lead actress in a movie.  Decked out in a gorgeous blue Gucci dress, Larson thanked the whole cast of Room as well as giving a special shoutout to her costar Jacob Tremblay.  After gaining such wide recognition in the movie industry this year, Larson will be a face to remember in film for years to come.

Sources: Brie_Larson.org, RoomBagoGames