Heathers Musical Goes to Broadway in 2016!

Here+is+the+poster+for+the+show.+
Here is the poster for the show.

[ot-caption title=”The Broadway poster for the musical. (via, Joel Kramer/Flickr)”]

If you have never seen the musical The Heathers before, you might be able to catch it on Broadway soon!

This musical, written by Kevin Murphy and Laurence O’Keefe, takes place in the 1980’s, and follows a senior, Veronica (played by Barrett Wilbert Weed), who is an outcast at Westerberg High School.  Once she forges a hall pass and suggests that she is able to create fake report cards and doctor’s notes, she  finds herself accepted by the rulers of the school: Heather Chandler (Sarah Halford), Heather Duke (Kristolyn Lloyd), and Heather McNamara (Elle McLemore), the coolest and cruelest girls in all of Ohio. Veronica meets new kid J.D (Ryan McCartan) one day in the cafeteria, and he comforts her when she eventually decides to ditch the Heathers after they play a mean trick on her best friend, Martha. J.D. plans to get revenge for Veronica by putting the Heathers where they belong—six feet underground!

Heathers was an off-Broadway musical that ran in 2014. It had a sudden close, which shocked fans since the show was such a success; the entire run sold out in only the first couple of weeks. This year there have been many rumors  circulating around that Heathers will be going to Broadway since the rights for the show have been bought by Kokandy Productions. The musical has gathered a cult following because of the movie with the same name and plot released back in 1989, but it was able to hold its own and become a show that many theater-goers enjoy.

If you want to see a performance that will keep you captivated and entertained, this is one you do not want to miss!