Go on a Film Journey this Weekend

Go on a Film Journey this Weekend

[ot-caption title=”Film Festival via Alina Carey, Senior” url=”https://pcpawprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/6a00d83451b26169e20120a6f7ca77970b-800wi.jpg”]

Miami International Film Festival

Several Movie Theatres, Miami, Florida

Friday, March 6th – Sunday, March 15th

On March 6th, Miami Dade College’s Miami International Film Festival will premiere its opening film. Exhibiting over 125 films from forty different countries, the Miami International Film Festival is a note-worthy film festival that occurs annually for ten days in Miami, Florida. Stars from around the world attend the only major film festival hosted by a college each year, and it occurs in a total of eight theaters spanning the Miami area. This Friday at 7:00 pm, the festival will open with the Oscar-nominated Argentinian film Wild Tales premiering at the Olympia Theater at Gusman Center. Wild Tales was created by an all-star cast of Argentina’s most prestigious stars and moviemakers, and it takes a comedic view point on the theme of revenge within the lives of several fictional Argentinian characters. If revenge is not your taste, attend the screening of Being Evel at 7:00pm at the 0 Cinema Miami Beach Theatre. In the American-produced film Being Evel, Oscar Award-winning filmmaker Daniel Junge tells the story of the infamous American stunt man Evel Knievel. The film includes a variety of action scenes, stunts, and candid drama. So be sure to see either the Argintinian comedy Wild Tales or the American candid biography, Being Evel this Friday in Miami.

If you seek to get a taste of what Miami filmmakers are producing nowadays, make sure to see the screenings of Jonathan David Kane’s Papa Machete and Christina Felisgrau and Ronnie Rivera’s El Sol Como un Gran Animal Oscuro. Both short films were locally produced and have premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. Carla Forte’s The Holders, Fabian Cardenas’ Freddie of Wynwoood, and Mark Moorman’s The Record Man will all have their world premiere next week at the Miami International Film Festival.

For a weekend filled with adventure, movies, and stars, head down to the Miami International Film Festival and experience the unexpected. Tickets are selling for $16 for general admission.

For more information and locations, visit:

http://www.miamifilmfestival.com/