What to Expect this Hoco 2k14

[ot-caption title=”The Class of 2015 hopes to three-peat this year with a third and final Spirt Stick victory. (via Michelle Pendergast, Junior)” url=”https://pcpawprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/hocophoto-1024×6291.jpg”]

This year’s homecoming is arriving before students know it. Along with excitement, much preparation has been put into this year’s festivities. There is a lot of anticipation leading up to this week’s celebration. Type One had the chance to speak to Ms. Alexanderson, the StuCo advisor, and senior Brittany Paris, the StuCo president to get a look ahead at what StuCo has planned for Homecoming 2k14.

T1What kinds of activities and events can students expect for this year’s homecoming week?

Ms. A: Excitement! A lot of fun! Great memories made with friends! And of course, many of the traditional festivities are scheduled like the pep rally and Powderpuff. In addition, we have added a few new activities for the Kickoff on Wednesday.

BP: There are a ton of extremely exciting events this Homecoming. Besides the typical dress down days, the Homecoming Kings and Queens assembly will have a short film created by Seniors Christian Hyatt and Kyle Israel. I’m looking forward to seeing all of the costumes, wing decorations, and class banners!

T1: What are some ways each grade can win points besides competitions like Canstruction and the Powerpuff game?

Ms. A: The Magazine Drive. This can earn your class a ton of points. And, as always, participating in events. Bringing in cans for Canstruction is another way, attendance at the volleyball game on Wednesday, Playing for Change on Thursday, and their school spirit can also earn them points.

BP: Attending both Playing for Change and the volleyball game will give you spirit points. Also being extremely spirited!

T1: What are your thoughts towards which grade the spirit stick will go to this year?

Ms. A: I think it will go to the class with the most spirit!

BP: Seniors! Threepeat!

Various events will be taking place during Homecoming week, such as the swim meet, the volleyball game, the Powderpuff game, Playing for Change, and of course, the homecoming football game. Along with the sports games, there will be many competitions between the grades, like the Water Balloon Toss and Banner Construction for students to take part in.

We can’t wait to see your Panther Spirit this week!