Back in the Game

Homecoming week is very exciting due to so many events and traditions that Pine Crest student council is planning. There are themed dress down days, relay events, pep rallies, flag football games, cheers, proposals, and more. All of this is topped off with an incredible homecoming game where students dress in green and white to show off their Pine Crest spirit, and a themed homecoming dance to celebrate. Homecoming week is one of the most exciting weeks of the year and the Student Council board has come up with lots of ideas.

The board members of Pine Crest StuCo have so much in store for the Pine Crest community this year in recognition of past school spirit. Last year, due to Covid-19, a lot of our PC spirit homecoming traditions were unable to take place, such as the Homecoming Pep-rally, Powderpuff, and many more exciting homecoming traditions. This year, it’s time to bring them, along with new traditions, back into the game!

There are many new enthralling events, along with old traditions, to create high levels of enthusiasm and school spirit this year. Senior StuCo board member, Greer Udelson ‘23, said, “As the first year of normalcy, we are trying to not only drive school spirit through the roof, but to use it to bring all grades together to embrace tradition.” Greer and other board members have taken into consideration that there needs to be new events added in order to enhance PC spirit and give all students an opportunity to participate.

One new addition to homecoming week is a family feud game, where students from each grade answer a series of trivia questions all while dressed up as one big family. Jayden Englehardt ‘23, another senior member of the StuCo board, gives us some insight on each of these new events that are being initiated into homecoming week. Jayden said , “Our goal is that this will increase school spirit and bring up the energy.”

There is also an “around-campus” relay taking place on the day of the homecoming pep rally, and it takes place around the entire Pine Crest campus. Underclassman will compete against upperclassman by participating in a series of relays where there are different checkpoints and tasks for participants to take part in around campus. Jayden says that “Throughout the relay, people will follow along and watch all of the events, cheering each other on and creating a competitive energy between the upper and underclassmen.”

There are so many more additions to this year’s homecoming festivities that will create an amazing, spirit filled experience for everyone. With so many new and exciting things being discussed, the PC student council is working hard to make this the best experience possible. This year’s homecoming is going to be different than ever before, so make sure to come to games, show off some school spirit, and enjoy the activities to come!