Spring Play: It’s “Importance” and Why You Should be “Earnest” to See It!

Lizzie Frankenthal, known for her singing, will take the stage and show off her acting skills in this year’s play!

Assistant director of the musicals, Mrs. Ortega, has taken the theme of her new Play-Writing class outside the classroom, and has set out to direct the school play, “The Importance of Being Earnest.” On February 21st and 22nd, Pine Crest students, faculty, and their families will have the opportunity to attend this comedic production performed by Pine Crest’s very own high school students. The cast members of “The Importance of Being Earnest” auditioned for Mrs. Ortega, secured their roles, and have been working hard ever since.  To sum up the play’s complicated story-line in just a few words, it is about two men who use the same pseudonym, “Earnest,” for their own personal reasons, and run into unexpected troubles as a result. “The Importance of Being Earnest” encompasses many different relationships and components, allowing it to be entertaining for all.

To get some insight on the upcoming performance, actress in the play and student in Mrs. Ortega’s play writing class, 12th grader Lizzie Frankenthal, discussed how the play has been going so far. With rehearsals starting a few weeks before winter break, the cast of this play has been practicing every day after school. Nevertheless, Lizzie exclaims that, “the experience has been great so far! Rehearsals are always fun because it’s a comedy. Sometimes, it’s actually hard to get through a scene without laughing.”

It seems like this has been an amazing bonding experience for all the members of this cast. From memorizing lines, to learning stage directions, to putting it all together, these students truly show dedication! With the amount of time and effort being put into “The Importance of Being Earnest,” the play  is bound to be impressive.

“The Importance of Being Earnest” debuts on February 21st and 22nd, and is sure to cause lots of laughter for anyone who sees it. Make sure to come on out and support all the Pine Crest students acting in this spectacular play!