Kevin Boothe: Former PC Student, NFL Player, and Super Bowl Champion

[ot-caption title=”Kevin Boothe went from playing football at Pine Crest to becoming an NFL player. (via, Sun Sentinel)”]

Graduating with the Pine Crest Senior Class of 2001, Kevin Boothe would carry his passion for football into college and beyond. After dominating the Pine Crest football field, Boothe attended Cornell University, where he played college football. On top of playing football at Cornell, Boothe was a member of the Quill and Dagger Society, Cornell’s senior honor society. In 2006, after Boothe had graduated from Cornell University, he was drafted by the Oakland Raiders. Until Boothe’s 2006 draft, 1997 was the most recent time a Cornell football player had been drafted into the NFL. Following his time with the Oakland Raiders, Boothe went on to play for the New York Giants from 2007 to 2013. Boothe helped lead the Giants to two Super Bowl Victories in 2008 and in 2012. In 2014, he signed a two year contract returning to the Oakland Raiders. In addition to his two Super Bowls victories, Boothe also earned an MBA from George Washington University in the span of two seasons. [spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

Boothe says, “I am proud to be a Pine Crest School alumnus. No matter where I live, I always have a home at 1501 NE 62nd Street.” Mr. Walters met Boothe when he was playing football in the seventh grade at Pine Crest and said, “To follow his career through college and the NFL has been heartwarming. He is the perfect example of what someone with raw talent and a strong work ethic can achieve. What he has achieved is truly exceptional.” [spacer height=”10px” id=”2″]

Boothe has shown just how much Pine Crest means to him by taking time to visit the campus as well as making several donations to the school like buying brand new helmets for the PC football team. Boothe said, “Whatever I can contribute, I do. I want to give the next generation an even better experience than I had. Every time I come back, there is something new. I get lost on campus, now.” Even though Boothe graduated over a decade ago, he will definitely be remembered as a top athlete to have graduated from Pine Crest, and we will always be grateful for his huge contributions to the school. [spacer height=”20px”]

Sources: Wikipedia, Raiders.com  Photo Source: Sun Sentinel