Animals: The Most Amazing Artists

[ot-caption title=”Some animals, like elephants, are naturally able to paint (via AP Photo)” url=”https://pcpawprint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/AP614857282416-1074×483-e1422825215162.jpg”]

Savage Art Exhibit

Bakehouse Art Complex, Miami

January 31st, 2015 7 – 10 pm

Last Saturday, Zoo Miami and the American Association of Zookeepers hosted an art exhibit at the Bakehouse Art Complex in Miami. The Savage Art Show is an annual art exhibit hosted by Zoo Miami that displays artwork only made by animals. The keepers at the zoo worked long and hard to come up with inventive ways to get the animals to produce this artwork. Some animals, like elephants, are naturally able to paint and will often paint for hours when given a paintbrush, paint, and a canvas. Therefore, the keepers had little trouble getting the more artistic animals to produce artwork for the Savage Art Exhibit. It was more difficult for the keepers to get some other animals, like the lions, to create artwork. Regardless, the staff came up with a process of getting the less artistically inclined animals to create artwork. The keepers would place a canvas on the floor of an animal’s home along with some paint, and the animals would walk through paint and onto the canvas, producing powerful images.

The all animal-produced artwork was auctioned off in order to fundraise for Zoo Miami’s Conservation and Research Department. The zoo’s Conservation and Research Department works to aid endangered species and find new endangered species to help. Not only was there incredible artwork made by animals at the Savage Art exhibit, there were also animals from the zoo to entertain and inspire art viewers.

Viewers discovered the possibilities of art at the Savage Art Exhibition at the Bakehouse Art Complex in Miami. Not only did they get to see some pretty incredible artwork, they also were able to interact with animals from Zoo Miami… and all for free! There were no admission fees to attend the Savage Art Exhibit.

For more information, visit:

http://www.zoomiami.org/